My friend Becky has been pestering me about Thursday Thirteen for a few months. I haven’t been doing a Thursday Thirteen because I always participate in You Capture and it’s hard to write two posts every Wednesday night. I made a promise earlier in the week to bring Thursday Thirteen back this week.
So, without further ado, may I present to you, Thursday Thirteen: My Favorite Things.
(And speaking of my favorite things, you should go here right quick and sign up to win some of my favorite things. Just like Oprah, only NOT.)
Go ahead, I’ll wait.
I’ll be sharing a few of my other favorite things.
1. My favorite Poptart – Chocolate fudge. For as long as I can remember, I have been a fan of the poptart. In fact, my twin brothers and I used to hide them from one another. None of the other Kelloggs poptarts even come close, especially when you consider the awesomeness of the chocolate fudge poptart after it has been toasted and dunked into a glass of ice-cold milk.
2. My favorite soft drink – No real surprise here. Dr. Pepper takes it with a landslide UNLESS I am in a restaurant and THEN I would rather have a coke. For some reason, Dr. Pepper straight out of the fountain does not taste the same to me.
3. My favorite iPhone APP – This one is so, so hard because I have six screens full of APPS. As a matter of fact, I could spend half the day browsing the APP store because it is so easy to get caught up in all of the hype and excitement of whatwilltheythinkofnext? I am waiting for an APP that will dust my house. (Are you listening Steve Jobs?) Without question though, I’d have to say that I spend more time on Words With Friends than any other APP, except for maybe, Facebook so it is only fitting that I would choose it as my favorite. (Oh, and if you’re in the market for another opponent on Words With Friends, I’m Juliewv).
4. My favorite You Tube video – A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted a You Tube video on the Facebook. As I watched it, I laughed like a crazy person especially when she said, “This snow has set me back!” I knew I had found my people and since watching her video for the first time I’ve Googled her, Facebooked her, You Tubed her and now I’m blogging about her. So, yeah, she’s funny! If you need a laugh, you should definitely watch this one.
5. My favorite hottie – This is a tough one because y’all know there are a lotof hotties out there. When I typed the words favorite and hottie, of course McDaddy is the first hottie I thought of. That’s a given around here though, so I should say My favorite second hottie. One hottie immediately came to mind and I thought it might be wise to take some time to think on this one before putting it out there. I made it all the way to number eight here on my list and then decided to lock in this choice. When I first saw this particular hottie, he was a star on The Young and The Restless. Currently, he plays FBI Agent Derrick Morgan on Criminal Minds which means that he gets to show off his muscles mad acting skills as he plays Mr. Bang Bang Shootem’ Up tough guy.
My favorite hottie: Shemar Moore
Sweet holy Moses, he’s a cutie.
6. My favorite month – I’d have to say July simply because there is not one. single. day. of school during the month of July which means I don’t have to answer to my stupid alarm clock. Otherwise, I would pick October because I love fall and the beautiful changing colors and it is not 312 degrees.
7. My favorite talk show – The View. (Insert eye roll here). I have watched The View for several years and part of the reason is because of the hot topics segment. I just love Whoopie Goldberg as moderator even though I don’t always agree with her thoughts. While I am not particularly fond of their constant talking over top of one another, I can certainly see how it could happen. So much to say, so little time.
I get it.
8. My favorite cereal – Lucky Charms. I have always been a big fan of cereal. In the words of my granny, “I can eat cereal when I can’t eat anything else.”
9. My favorite color – Orange. It’s bold and bright and loud. Just like, well never mind.
10. My favorite way to spend an hour – MASSAGE!
Did you hear me, McDaddy? I said a massage. Valentine’s Day is coming up AND I’m trying to help you out here.
11. My favorite blogger – Big Mama. Y’all. There are hundreds, probably thousands of talented bloggers out there, so believe me when I say there are many more I could add to my list of favorites. Melanie has a knack for telling a story and she is where I go for MY daily dose of crazy. The difference is she’s not nearly as goofy as I am. Oh, and plus she’s way more talented than I am.
12. My favorite restaurant – Olive Garden. Since my first visit to Olive Garden (in Los Angeles) back in the 80’s, it ranked among my favorite restaurants. I was a teenager and it was quite possibly the fanciest restaurant I had ever been to. Not long after that, the Olive Garden popped up in Charleston, WV (we are always a bit behind the times) and it is now my favorite. I have only ever ordered spaghetti with meat sauce, salad and bread sticks. And if I’m feeling particularly rowdy, I might also order tiramisu. In my humble opinion, there isn’t a better dinner out there.
13. My favorite soup – Potato. A big bowl of potato soup in perfect harmony with a handful of shredded cheese and chunks of cornbread on a cold day is hard to beat.
Happy Thursday, y’all!