McDaddy and Stevie are two hours away from home at Scout Camp. Alex and I are here at home splitting our time between the ball field and being lazy. We’ve enjoyed lying in bed until 11 AM and eating whatever we choose, whenever we choose. For instance, right now, it’s almost midnight and he’s on the couch watching a Redbox movie and eating Doritos while I am pecking out this post and sipping on a Coca-Cola classic.
As bad as I miss my other two fellas, I’ve enjoyed this week focusing my time and energy on one kid who has clung to me like glue, slept in my bed and told me loves me about 418 times in the past five days. Not to mention, we’ve driven the SKY almost 300 miles this week. HOLLA!
But chances are you didn’t show up at FITP, Inc. to hear about how lazy I’ve been this week. Rather, my loyal readers (all 8 of you!) more than likely showed up here hoping to read about the latest, greatest fashion trends along with my newest kitchen recipe creations. Or something like that, right?
Here are some things that you might find interesting or helpful.
1. For starters, I’m sure you’ve noticed that my blog is wearing a fancy, new party dress. I haven’t mentioned it here yet, because my bloggy designer friend, Heather has been trying to figure out a way to remove the crazy characters (in this latest case, squares!) from past posts and I thought I might wait until after that was done before mentioning my new design, but alas, we are having some difficulty finding a solution. And by we I totally mean her because Lord knows I am WordPress illiterate. If any of you out there in Blogland have any earthly idea how to remove the characters from past posts, please, by all means, let me know immediately in the comments because they are driving me nine kinds of crazy.
A few weeks ago, I saw this pair of flip-flops,
on a gal who was having lunch (with a friend of mine) at a Mexican restaurant. Instead of me doing the totally normal female thing and offering up a compliment about the flip-flops along with a question about where she bought them, I came home, scoured the internet for seemed like hours for the suckers – mostly by searching Google for black- flip- flops-and bling. Do you have any earthly idea how many different pairs of black flip-flops with bling there are available online?
Rest assured, there are A LOT.
My search was pointless. And as is usually the case anytime I see something that I really like, I couldn’t get them off of my mind. After days of unsuccessful shopping online, I texted my friend to ask if she would text her niece to ask where she bought them.
Within minutes, I received the text “She got them at Buckle”.
Which explains why I have never seen them.
The one and only time I ever stepped foot in Buckle was when my sweet, hip, sister-in-law went in there to shop for jeans that were priced so high I almost swallowed my tongue. Not to mention, nothing in that store screamed 40 YEARS OLD to me. During a recent trip to the mall I popped in there because – like I said – once I get something like black flip flops with bling in my head, I just can’t let it go.
Buckle was sold plum out of the size 10 Sanuk flip flops that I can’t live without, but thankfully, I found them online. I need another pair of shoes like I need a hole drilled right into the side of my head… I am expecting them any day and I’ll be sure and let you know all about them once they are on my sweet, little feet.
Since ordering the flip-flops, they pop up on every website I visit, which is stupid because I’ve already ordered them. Where were those advertisements two weeks ago when I scoured the internet looking for them?
2. Plus, I found this other cute pair of Sanuk black flip-flops with colorful bling.
3. And speaking of feet, check out my pedicure.
I just love being a baseball mom.
Someone on Facebook asked if my feet had been sprayed with Silly String. These cute sandals came from Payless and they are every bit as cute as they look, not to mention comfortable.
4. While hanging out on Facebook recently, one of those “Suggested Pages” showed up on my news feed. It featured an APP called Two Dots. Normally, I click on the the I don’t want to see this button, but in what can only be described as a moment of weakness, I installed the APP. I’m like a kid with a new iPod trying to beat each level before I run out of lives. I mean it’s not like I don’t have 712 adult things to do around here. What is it about a game requiring you to connect two or more like colored dots that fascinates seemingly rational, educated adults like me? It’s absolute craziness, yet, at this moment, I’m counting down the 13 minutes until my lives fill back up to take a stab at level 29.
5. Have I mentioned My Favorite Things board on Pinterest? There are any number of great things on there, including a great new chopper I recently bought in the Amish Country, along with all of the cute black flip flops with bling I found while searching for the ones I ended up buying.
Have a great weekend, y’all!