It’s been two weeks since I’ve done a “What I Learned This Week” post. That means, that for the past two weeks, I’ve been jotting down notes and trying to remember all the things I’ve learned. Hopefully something I’ve learned, will be a help to one (or all eight of you!).
1. Google, as it turns out, is a verb according to Merriam Webster. Who knew?
2. The real Gunslinger Monster Truck, has a red, orange and yellow paint job. The Gunslinger Monster truck that is sold on the Monster Jam web-site, for some idiotic reason, is simply red. A difference that will be noticeable immediately to a four and seven year old.
3. Once you Google ‘Monster Jam’ and the ‘Gunslinger’ and discover that your four year old is in fact, correct in his assessment of The Gunslinger and its paint scheme, you will be livid because after all, you were doing Santa’s work and The Gunslinger was not available within a 40-mile radius of your home.
4. When you are making a new soup recipe, you should not attempt to swarp clean out a cabinet because if you do, you may end up scorching the soup (ahem!)
5. If you four year old has eye surgery with stitches that disintegrate, it is completely normal for the stitches to come out by way of the nose into a tissue. (Sick, but true.)
6. Regardless of what you are told, the last stitch might hang out in the eye for two months.
7. While the Longaberger hamper looks much nicer with a lid, it will not hold as much as the mound of clothing that can pile up on the hamper without the lid. In other words, if the mound of clothes will bug the snot out of you, you will need to 1) wash clothes more often, or 2) purchase another hamper.
8. If you set a plastic grocery bag on a hot glass stove top, you should know that it will take you just under an hour, a can of WD 40 and a razor blade to remove the melted bag from the stove top.
9. If you spend the better part of three days swarping and you drop a very large box of junk at the Goodwill, it is probably a good idea to let the gentleman unloading the box know that the box contains quite a few glass items, otherwise, he may hurl the box into a bin and you will know without a doubt that not one single glass piece in the box survived.
10. Mirena = Aggravation.
11. When purchasing Hot Chocolate from the Biscuit place down the road from the McResidence, one should wait a full thirty-nine minutes before attempting to drink it or else you will scald your tongue.
12. I learned how make a custom ring-tone on my beloved iPhone from iTunes. (Not a free service, of course!) You can only create a ring-tone (as far as I know) from a song that you purchased on the iTunes.
13. I also learned that you can now purchase something called an answer tune which is a custom ring that your callers will hear instead of the normal ring.
14. While looking for some old-school extravaganza on iTunes, I searched for Love Bites and Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard. My search resulted in various groups singing Def Leppard’s hits, but no actual Def Leppard. A visit to my friend Google, (which by the way do you remember is a verb?) explained that Def Leppard (along with countless other groups) will not allow their songs to be sold on the iTunes.
Dang. So much for that.
15. I found a really cool camera APP for the iPhone called Camera Plus. I also learned that its probably a good idea to get comfortable with the APP before taking a picture of your son making a foul shot.
16. I’ve learned that the older I get, the less I like the cold and the snow and the wind.
Told you the list was long.
Head over to Musings Of A Housewife for more things people learned this week!