So, here I sit behind my laptop trying to figure out the best way to welcome all eight of you back to From Inmates To Playdates, Inc. It’s been several weeks since I’ve spent any time around this joint, and the best excuse I have is that I’ve been busy and tired. VERY TIRED. As in, every time I sit down for any length of time, I fall fast asleep. Which, as you might imagine, makes blogging kinda tough.
I think I might be better now. Or either I’m going to bed earlier. Or my body is adjusting to this stupid auto immune thing. Either way, I am feeling better. And for that I am thankful. Of course, now that I think about it, we are smack in the middle of summertime which means NO STUPID ALARM waking me up at O’Dark Thirty, so that might be it. At any rate, I feel better and I feel rested, so here I am.
And not that I’ve got that out of the way, here’s a few things I’m pondering today.
1. Several months ago, McDaddy asked if the kids and I would like to accompany him to Houston. He had some business there and would be there for two weeks. And of course, I was all like, sign me up. We were scheduled to go to Houston with him last summer, but then my stupid ear decided to have it’s fit and medical professionals in the Emergency Room advised that the air pressure could damage my ear further, so we cancelled that trip and stayed home. When we first discussed the trip, I suggested to McDaddy that we take a detour through West Monroe, Louisiana and visit Duck Commander. We all love the show and I knew the boys would be excited to go there. We decided to spend the night in West Monroe and attend their church, thinking that we might get to see and / or meet a couple of them. I think it’s safe to say our visit to West Monroe was successful.
2. I am still having ear trouble. I was hopeful that once I started Methotrexate that I wouldn’t have flare-ups. That has not been the case. Since I began ingesting the poison once a week in February, I’ve had two flares. Folks, Relapsing Polychondritis does not play.
3. I am back on a Pinterest kick. I really don’t remember what we did before we had Pinterest. I read a lot more blogs and searched Google more, but honestly, Pinterest makes things so easy. It excites me to see all of the ideas I didn’t even know I was looking for.
4. And speaking of Pinterest, if you are a blogger, you should put your blog title into the search engine to find out who is Pinning your posts. It still amazes me that even eight of you show up here to read these words.
5. Do you remember this little fella?
He is all grown up now. And if Photobucket wasn’t being a brat, I could show you a more recent picture of him. He weighs ten pounds and will celebrate his first birthday next month. He has brought a lot of joy to our family (I think even McDaddy loves him, though he won’t admit it!) and I’m so glad to be his Momma. He fits right in with all the noise and the crazy up in here.
Ok, so that’s all for today. I promise I’ll be back here very soon.