I did something today that I have never done in my adult life.
I purchased a box of Trix cereal.
I have serious issues with the Trix Rabbit because years ago, “Trix Rabbit” was my nickname.
Before orthodontic intervention, my teeth were a hot mess. Because of that, a couple of boys in my Jr. High (now called Middle School) home room nicknamed me “Trix Rabbit”. I haven’t been able to stand the sight of that stupid rabbit since then.
And even though I looked nothing like that idiotic rabbit, I have since refused to buy the cereal because it reminded me of those stupid boys calling me a stupid name.
Just to be clear, this is the way I looked back then,
It’s been 25 years, but I have never forgotten their words.
Fast forward to 2013.
I was snooping around on Pinterest and found a recipe for Trix treats. I knew immediately this was something the boys would like. The only problem is, I don’t buy Trix cereal.
But this morning?
I bought some butter, a bag of mini-marshmallows and Lord, help me, a box of Trix cereal.
Doesn’t it look like the Trix Rabbit is going after those marshmallows?
If you’ve spent any amount of time around here, you know that I have a few requirements for making a recipe.
- Fail proof (this one *might* be a stretch because it doesn’t take much for me to mess something up in the kitchen)
- 1 regular size bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 box of Trix cereal (about 9 cups)
- ¼ cup butter
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Grease a 9×13 pan
- Stir butter and marshmallow mixture.
- Pour mixture over Trix and stir until all cereal is well coated. (It will be tough to stir, but keep at it!)
- Spoon (or SHOVE in this case) into a large 9×13 pan and press down with a spoon.
- Cut and enjoy.
Aren’t they pretty?
While I will probably never be a big fan of the Trix Rabbit, I am a HUGE fan of the Trix Treats.
And you will be, too!
Happy Halloween, y’all!