Thursday Thirteen is one of my friend Becky’s favorite features on my blog. She has been a long-time fan of Thursday Thirteen and if I go too long without posting one, she’s all up in my business asking “When you gonna run another Thursday Thirteen?”
When Becky and I first became friends, we had to have little heart-to-heart.
Only, she would probably call it something else.
You see, around here, it is a BIG, FAT, HUGE, NO-NO to call my house before 10 AM during the summer months or even weekends.
My motto is, unless you are bleeding or dying, or calling about someone who is bleeding or dying, you should not, under any circumstances, be calling my house before 10 AM.
Thank you and Amen.
Becky gets up at the crack-o-dawn. I, on the other hand, stay up half-the-night, and sleep late. I also allow my kids to stay up late when school is out. I learned a long time ago the later I let them stay up, the later they sleep. And since I am in favor of anything that results in me getting to sleep later, well, let’s just say we are night owls up in here.
So, Becky, these thirteen random thoughts are just for you! But don’t call me to discuss them until after 10 o’clock in the AM.
1. Toddlers and Tiaras is back on my daily docket. It seems like each season those pageant directors add another “supreme” to their top award. Yay for another season of all-out crazy. It is the mega, triple, top, supreme of my TiVo.
2. Homemade pepperoni rolls are a big hit with my kids. I bought Rhodes frozen rolls. Followed the directions on the back (waited 4 hours for them to raise), flatten each roll out, fill with 2 slices of pepperoni and a handful of mozzarella cheese, baked for 15 minutes on 350. YUM!
3. Alex’s first all-star game is Friday evening at 8pm. I am so nervous. I have never been nervous before a baseball game before now. I hope these 7-8 year old little fellas come ready to play!
4. I was mentioning to someone just the other day that our house is less than one mile from a grocery store, a Rite Aid, the library, all three schools my kids will attend (the Middle School *might* be a mile and a half), a gas station, two pizza parlors, a Chinese restaurant, two automotive stores, the Family Dollar, the Dollar General, the Post Office, my hair dresser, Wendys, McDonalds, the biscuit shop, and a gun store. I absolutely love our little community.
5. Steve and Stevie are headed off for a Webelos Weekend camping trip. I am most looking forward to driving the SKY all weekend with Alex.
6. It is also Father’s Day weekend. I have the best daddy a girl could ask for and my husband is a great example and role model for our boys. I realize I am so very blessed.
7. Our boys are on a Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles kick. It doesn’t get much better than a big bowl of cocoa pebbles.
8. This bladder thing I have going on is THE PITS. I am still taking over-the-counter medicine every few days and it does help. But once the medicine wears off, it is back with a vengeance.
9. McDaddy just told me that You Tube is addictive. I feel the same way about Pinterest.
10. I absolutely HATE spam. I think there is a special hole in a really warm place for Spammers.
11. It is now 12:06 AM on Friday. I suppose this post will now be called Friday Thirteen.
12. Stevie was born on Thursday, December 12th. I was sweatin’ it because the medical staff didn’t come get me for my C-section until after 8pm. Under no circumstances, did I want him to be born on Friday the 13th. Not that I’m superstitious or anything, I just didn’t like the thought of it.
13. I cleaned a lot of pins off of my Pinterest boards. As it turns out, I’m as OCD at decluttering my Pinterest boards as I am anything else in my life.
Yes, I am a joy to live with.
Happy Friday, y’all!