Yesterday, my sweet Alex shared his opinion on what it takes to make a marriage work.
Today, I’m going to share mine.
McDaddy and I in NO way have a perfect marriage.
We have a great one.
And it’s a great one that I am so thankful for.
I have a good husband. He is the kind of man that does the right thing even when no one is watching. Why he married me I will never know because I am not easy to live with. But I am thankful that he picked me.
Here’s how we make our marriage work…
- Fill his car up when it’s on empty. Even when it’s freezing outside.
- Talk often about finances, child rearing, and problems.
- Do what it takes to agree on finances.
- Leave notes in his luggage before he leaves on a business trip.
- Make his favorite sweet treat (chocolate chip cookies) just because.
- Dance to your wedding song.
- Send him a suggestive text.
- Have a date night.
- Go to church together.
- Share dreams.
- Hold hands.
- Learn how to bite your tongue.
- Learn when to bite your tongue.
- Watch your wedding video.
- Take a weekend trip together.
- Send an e-mail just to say “you’re thinking about him”
- Thank him for working hard.
- Rub his back when he least expects it.
- Forgive. Even when you don’t want to.
- Serve his dinner.
- Laugh together.
- Whisper sweet nothings in his ear. In public.
- Surprise him!
- Go where he wants to go for dinner.
- Plan a special anniversary trip.
- Be interested in his interests.
- Kiss him.
- Pack a lunch and have a picnic. Have one indoors if it’s too cold.
Happy Valentine’s Day to my Valentine!