While peddling cookie dough on the Facebook tonight for Stevie’s school, I ran across a status update from a friend that said, “WV girls on Toddlers and Tiaras” tonight.
Oh snap, Ryan Seacrest will have to wait, because ohmyword, the drama?!?! I flipped the buttons on the TiVo remote in a hot minute looking for the show because I could only imagine the crazy that would be on display.
Y’all, it did not disappoint.
As I type this post, I am watching a little beauty queen from Clarksburg, WV, talk about her pet hedgehog.
I am not even kidding.
I used a scientific method to choose today’s Thursday Thirteen post, and by scientific method I totally mean, I’m using the first words that popped into my head.
Here we go, with “the last”.
1. Place I went – Church
- I teach a Pioneer class on Wednesday nights. The seven or eight kids in my class keep me and the other teacher in stitches. You just never know what they might say. As you might guess I fit right in with them.
2. Cereal I ate – Fruity Pebbles
- I had some serious heartburn after eating the fruity pebbles. I also discovered they are gluten free, so if you’re in the market for that, you can say you heard it here, first.
3. Person I called – McDaddy
- We talk two or three times a day and more often than not it’s because I need him to talk me down from the ledge. The crazy gets the best of me sometimes.
4. APP I downloaded – Couch to 5K
- The good news is that I’ve mastered half of the Couch to 5K program. I’ve got THE COUCH part whipped. I completely had every intention on seeing this thing through. And I still intend to. I’ve been so busy with all my other responsibilities I haven’t been able to make it to the gym this week. My shins hurt for days after completing day one and two. I am anxious to get back to it.
5. Thing I Cleaned – the kitchen counter
- It is my goal in life to keep our kitchen counter clear of debris. Unfortunately, I fail miserably. I have come to terms with the fact that my never-ending quest to keep it clear is a big honkin’ waste of time. For that reason, I clean it off daily.
6. E-mail I received – from my friend, Brenda
- Ordering cookie dough from Stevie to support the P.T.A. I hate to peddle stuff, but I know it is necessary for meeting the P.T.A. budget. Fund-raising is a double-edged sword.
7. Word I played on Words With Friends – TRIG
- For 25 points against my friend, Danielle (aka Bazinga).
8. Song I listened to on my iPod – I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
- I triple love this song. The song, and the album name – We Sing. We Dance. We Still Things. – make me smile.
9. Thing I purchased – Book Fair books
- Alex has been asking all week to purchase two books from the Book Fair at Stevie’s school. Both of the books he chose were Toy Story 3 books.
10. Show I watched – (besides Toddlers and Tiaras) – American Idol
- The Beatles don’t do much for me, but I totally enjoyed Hollywood Week. Oh, AND, when I heard “I Saw Him Standing There” it reminded me of Tiffany. I had no idea Tiffany wasn’t the original writer of that song. (I know, I know, I’m a dork!) Y’all remember Tiffany? Circa 1988? Was she a two-hit wonder? Her other hit, Could’ve Been takes me back to the ninth grade when I dated a red headed boy named Matt. (We are still friends by the way!)
11 And speaking of ex-boyfriends – the last one I talked to – Hank
- Twenty years later. Thanks to the wonders of Facebook.
12. Project I completed – Clothes washed, hung, and tagged for Lil Lambs
- A consignment sale for children’s clothing and much to Alex’s dismay, shoes. Our boy LOVES shoes and he can barely stand the thought of his shoes being sold even though they are two sizes too small for his sweet feet.
13. Shampoo I used – BED HEAD dumb blonde shampoo for after highlights (damaged and chemically treated hair).
- Sheesh. That’s a mouth full. What can I say, I’m a sucker for a pretty purple bottle with a pump. Seriously.
Enjoy your Thursday internets. Me and my sweet boys are headed to see that little rat, Chuck E. Cheese after school.
Pray for me.
Y’all know I’ve had more than my share of drama with a particular rodent lately.