I Am Not A Morning Person

I am not a morning person.

For that reason you should not expect a picture of the beautiful sunrise that can be seen from our back deck in the mornings within the context of this post.

Not that I’ve ever witnessed a sunrise from the back deck, because, um, have I mentioned I’m not a morning person?

Rather, I do my best work at midnight and enjoy the peace and quiet that comes with that late hour.

Sadly, the County School Board does not see it my way and they have yet to adopt my plan for the new and improved school day that would begin at 9:00 AM. Instead, they insist that it is in the best interest of the children for the school day to begin at the crack-o-dawn 7:55 AM.

Which means, every morning at precisely 6:42 AM, I am awakened from a deep sleep by my stupid homedics SS5010 Sound Spa alarm clock signalling the start of another day.

I summons myself out of bed immediately, for I know if I do not I run the very probable risk that in between thinking about world peace and the latest episode of Dancing With the Stars, I will fall right back to sleep and will not know another thing until well after 8:00 AM which means that Stevie would be late for school.

Because I also set the alarm on my iPhone for 6:45 AM when McDaddy is out of town, thankfully, that has never happened.

Shortly after rolling out of bed, and just after I pee (I know, TMI!), I grab my morning coffee and wake up the kids.

If I would allow it, my sweet Alex would eat his beloved “brown sugar and cimmanum” pop-tarts every single morning.

As part of our morning routine, but just before heading out the door for school, my two boys somehow end up smearing this mess all over the bathroom.

I have no idea how they do it. I just know that somehow, (in a span of three minutes or less mind you), the McBoys have mastered the art of smearing tootpaste from one end of the bathroom to the other.

Which means I spend part of my morning cleaning cement toothpaste off of the bathroom countertop, the tile, and at least one morning a week from the door. Or the cabinet. Or the mirror.

How do you spend your morning?

You Capture is hosted by Beth over at  I Should Be Folding Laundry.

Comments

1. says

I hear you! I’m not really a morning person either, but I envy your 6:42am! My daughter’s school starts at 7:50 am so I’m up at 6:15. I have to admit though, once I’m up, it’s not so bad. It’s just the getting up.
    Jen Higgins recently posted…You Capture- MorningMy Profile

2. says

I am so not a morning person either. I am lucky enough that Miss Monk has my genes and doesn’t like to get out of bed till 9am. Of course when school starts in a few years that will all change. Think that is why I am hogging all the sleeping hours I can now.

I love your form of coffee…mine is the brother to DP .. I must have coke in the am. Or I am not a very nice person to deal with.
    Felicia recently posted…30 Day Challenge- A favorite songMy Profile

3. says

I Love Mornings! Nice and quiet for the first hour in a half! 5:00 – 6:30 a.m. 🙂 Then life begins. What is that you are drinking in the morning? (You silly goose) 🙂

A great post! ~ Take Care!

4. Wendy from Fredericksburg says

I have the toothpaste problem with my 3 kids, too. I have no idea why it is so hard for them to at least rinse it out of the sink! (Although I am at least grateful when it is ONLY in the sink!) One solution that I have come up with is to make cleaning the sink into one of their chores. So once a week, two of them attempt to clean the sink themselves. I can’t say that it has totally solved the problem, but at least it makes the aware of it themselves! Wendy in Fredericksburg

5. says

6:42? Oh…if only. My alarm? 5:05, because I have a toddler who takes so much more attention, and we have to be out the door between 6:30 AM and 6:40 AM (before you even hear that alarm). Do you feel bad for me? Don’t…as I’m a morning person. Don’t worry. We can still be blog friends, or so I hope. I just collapse and can’t stand much ruckus in my life after 9 PM. I WISH I could stay up and get things done until midnight. I feel you are the luckier one maybe.

6. says

I believe that it’s pretty safe to say that the only time I’ve witnessed a sunrise in recent history was when I had a newborn. So I hear ya…mornings come too early. 😉

I also understand the boys/toothpaste thing. This, too, shall pass! Eventually. In the meantime, you will have a fabulously clean bathroom. 🙂
    Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans recently posted…You Capture- MorningsMy Profile

7. Jean says

Getting up is the worst part for me. After I’m up, I’m fine. Will be tread-milling 3 days per week now that Steve is home. Great start to the day — getting out and about. 🙂

8. april says

I’ve had that same Snoopy toothbrush! I like the kids’ toothbrushes better… I think I can get to all my teeth easier with the smaller heads.