It has begun.
Or is it began?
The Great Weight Loss Effort of 2010 is underway. On Sunday, I spent the better part of an hour on iTunes purchasing some new workout tunes. Because really what motivates a person to work out more than a good tune. Well, besides the stinkin’ scale of course. But I’m not here to talk about the scale.
Except to say that the scale is of the devil.
That being said, here are 13 great workout tunes that will help you trudge through the monotony. I might run this from time to time, because certainly there are more than thirteen on my iPod. As I shuffle through my entire playlist, I’ll pick the first 13 that strike me as great workout tunes.
1. Electric Boogie (AKA The Electric Slide) – Might sound cheesy, but I love it.
2. Oh Happy Day (BeBe Winans) – Great beat. Good message.
3. Play That Funky Music (Adam Lambert & his guyliner) – Obviously not his biggest fan, but I give credit where credit is due. I purchased several of his AI performances from iTunes. It was my favorite performance of his.
4. Made To Love (Toby Mac) – Oh. My. Word. I love this one. I was made to love you, I was made to find you, I was made just for you, Made to adore you, I was made to love. And be loved by you. Seriously. You need to get this one.
5. Tell Me What We’re Gonna Do (Joss Stone) – I tell you what I hope we’re gonna do. I hope we’re gonna lose some of this booty. With Joss’ help, it might be a little easier.
6. Stayin’ Alive (Matt Giraud) – Another wonderful performance from American Idol Season um, I don’t remember. Maybe the last one? Whatever. It’s a great tune in the gym, in the car, or when you’re over at a friends house sitting at her counter writing this post while she’s making some gluten-free fresh bread. Which smells yummy by the way.
Sorry. The bread. It got me off track. Now, where was I?
7. These Thousand Hills (Third Day) – This isn’t the fastest song in the shuffle, but it puts some pep in my step.
8. Give Me Your Eyes (Brandon Heath) – Brandon Heath can sang. And his song, ‘Give Me Your Eyes’ gives me something to think about in the midst of the madness.
9. Joy & Pain (Rob Base) – This one takes me back. W-A-Y back. Like back when I was young and carefree. And skinny. *Sigh*
10. Ragdoll (Aerosmith) – Love Aerosmith. Steven Tyler and posse can rock it out.
11. Have Fun, Go Mad (Blair) – One of my favorite songs from back in the day. If you don’t know this song, you should go to You Tube and find it. Or Google. Or wherever. It can motivate you to move a little faster no matter what the task. Just ignore the part about “bottles of beer” and think instead about Dr. Pepper.
12. There Is A Way (NewWorldSon) – This is my second favorite song on KLOVE right now. My boys sing along with it every time. Oh, and my favorite song right now is Matt Maher’s new one called ‘Hold Us Together’.
13. Shoop (Salt-N-Pepa) – Can you say 1992, or quite possibly 1993? On your mark, get set, go, let me go, let me shoop, to the next man in the three-piece suit, I spend all my dough, ray me, cutie, Shoop shoop a-doobie like Scoobie Doobie Doo… I could go on and on with this one….
What about you? What’s your favorite work-out tune?