It’s time for another edition of Things I Learned This Week.
I’ve learned a few things of worth, I suppose.
1. I’ve learned that rain for several days weeks in a row has the power to take my mood to a bad place. [Sunshine, if you happen to be reading my blog today, please come out, come out wherever you are!]
2. The military rotator is a lot more relaxed than your typical commercial flight. On a commercial flight, the pilot would probably never ask my sweet boy if he’d like to sit in the cock-pit. Nor, would it take off an hour early because everyone is present and accounted for. On the flip side of that, I’ve never known a commercial airline to refuse boarding because someone was wearing open-toed shoes. I’m still pondering that one.
3. When your husband asks you to bring an “extra bag” when you visit him in another country because he has “bought a few things that he’d like for you to take home” it might be a good idea to ask how many things he is talking about or you might find yourself cramming monster trucks, rocks and shoes into every nook and cranny of your suitcase especially if you plan to purchase shoes that you cannot. live. without. while you are there.
4. If there are rules about taking pictures of things on a military base in another country, it is probably a good idea that you don’t mention the rules on your blog either. [Sorry, McDaddy!]
5. Before posting an offroading picture of McDaddy’s heap (ahem! I mean JEEP), on your blog, it is probably a good idea to get his approval of the picture first. Who knew a picture of the JEEP on my blog would matter to McDaddy.
6. When checking to see if Jo-Lynne has posted her Things I Learned This Week post so that you can link up at 7am, it is probably a good idea to hit refresh from time to time or you may never know she published her post. Then, when you e-mail her to ask if she is doing a TILTW post this week, you will feel like a goon when her response is “It Is Up!”
7. When Inspired Marketing shows up on your caller ID with a 380-9035 number, it is nothing more than one of those irritating “lower your credit card interest now” calls. I swear those calls, along with that stupid company that wants to “talk to you about your vehicle warranty” are enough to make me want to scream. Is there ANYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY who is actually taking advantage of these offers. Seriously, stop calling me already.
That’s all for this week, kids.
Head over to Musings Of A Housewife for more Things I Learned This Week posts and be sure to tell her I sent you!
PS – That Number seven came as a courtesy because they called seconds before I hit “Publish Post”
You are welcome!